Sunday, February 10, 2013

Answer the question-

The group was asked "How do you want to die?" The consensus answer was "Surrounded by friends and loved ones." That does not answer the question; That is WHERE, not HOW. I want to die with the ability to have actually forgive others as well as myself. - to have reached my true goals and lived as I had been created to be. There is violence to the soul when these things are ignored. The group leader read an article about the convent in New York where aging clergy live out their last days. On the whole, the dying were of a sounder mind than most, required notable less pain killers, and other meds, and did indeed die peacefully. They had followed their chosen part, difficult as it was and been themselves. How do I want to die? With the satisfied peace of myself. The method, time, and place mean nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I love you my friend but I must disagree!! I've seen too much death and had too much of the "until we see eachother again" thing...I want to go in my sleep. I don't want people over my hospital bed for weeks weeping and waiting...that's the worst torture anyone could put another human through. I feel that going silently and peacefully in my sleep would be the answer to my dreams. I know the shock would be hard to take for a time but the torture of time can be brutal!! Just another thought!

    ReplyDelete